February 12, 2017
Your Privacy Rights
This privacy notice describes how Rexall Sundown, Inc. (the “Company”, “we”, “us”) an ultimately wholly owned subsidiary of The Nature’s Bounty Co. (formerly known as NBTY, Inc.), collects and uses the personal information you provide on web sites and services which link to this privacy notice (“Services”). It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. Please take a moment to review the terms of our Privacy Notice. Unless we indicate otherwise, this Privacy Notice applies only to information that we collect through the Services. It does not apply to information that we collect by other means.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield/U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor
We, through our parent company, The Nature’s Bounty Co. (formerly known as NBTY, Inc.), participate in and have certified our compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. The Company is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List here.
Under the Privacy Shield Framework, the Company is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf when our agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless the Company is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. The Company complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, the Company is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website here, you may invoke binding arbitration after other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
The Company complies with the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from Switzerland. The Company has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view the certification of The Nature’s Bounty Co. (formerly known as NBTY, Inc.), please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Personal Information We Collect From You Directly
We may collect personal information about you in several situations, including when you provide it to us voluntarily. For example, we may collect information when you create an account, contact us with questions, provide feedback regarding our products, enter sweepstakes or contests, or answer questions about your product interests. You do not have to provide your personal information, but if you decide not to do so, you may limit the features that you are able to access through our Services.
The personal information we may collect includes:
• contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number;
• account registration information, such as user name, password, and profile information;
• information about your intended or actual use of, or questions about, our products;
• information about your physical condition (e.g., height, weight, body mass index, etc.), eating habits, exercise goals, and fitness interests;
• certain other information you may provide to us in your communications or in connection with other products or services, including birthdate, gender, and photographs.
Other Information We Collect About You
We and our partners/affiliates also may collect certain information by automated means when you use our Services, including your internet protocol ("IP") address; information about your web browser software and version; if you arrived at the Services through a link from a third-party website, the uniform resource locater ("URL") of the linking page; your mobile device identifier and other information about devices you use to access the Services; and information about your activity while using the Services, such as which pages you choose to view, queries you make using our "search" function, and other information about your account usage.Like many companies, we may use common technologies to help track your use of our Services, recognize you when you return to the Services, or save your preferences. For example, on our websites, we store small pieces of information in cookies that help us remember you when you return to our website. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and to identify the IP address of the computer on which they were opened. The information we obtain in this manner helps us customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and the products and services we offer. Web beacons also allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Services features.
We also may collect information about you from other sources, including from social media providers and commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases. Please note that we may combine the various types of information we collect about you and use it as described in this Privacy Notice.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We may use the personal information we collect about you in the ways described below.
• Contact Us. We may use personal information about you to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through links or pages provided by the Services, such as the "Contact Us" feature.
• Email Newsletters and Promotions. With your permission, we may use personal information about you to send you newsletters, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news through email. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions.
• Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards. We may use personal information about you and/or collect additional information as set forth above, to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or sweepstakes; if so, that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
• Feedback. We may use information you provide to us, regarding our products and services, to provide product feedback to our customers through the Services.
Sharing Site Content With A Friend
You may be able to share certain content from our Services with others by asking us to forward the content. To share information, we ask for the recipient's and your name and email addresses. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. We collect personal information in this way, we will use it to fulfill your request and for no other purpose. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Our Services offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums or reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Information We Share
Our affiliates may share personal information among themselves. We will not share your personal information in ways other than as outlined in this notice. In addition, we may share personal information with other entities, including in the following circumstances:
• Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host websites, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, process payments on our behalf, ship your orders, provide you with live chat service, or provide certain other components of websites). We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
• Analytics. We may allow third parties to collect information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, the Services may use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the Services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
• Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, and to comply with our other legal obligations.
• Transactions. We may share personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets.
• Other Circumstances. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information Collected from Visitors Outside the United States
If you are using the Services from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. By doing business or interacting with the Company and the Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by the Company.
We Provide You Choices
If you prefer not to receive unsolicited commercial email from us, please click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective.
Please note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial messages.
If you have established a user account in connection with one of our Services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that the Company maintains about you through your account settings or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Services may provide links to websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. All of these websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites and applications that you use to better understand their privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide through our Services.
Among other safeguards, we use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to help protect transmissions over the internet.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the internet, you can contact us using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order. If you have any questions regarding security you can contact us at email@example.com.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify the Privacy Notice at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date those terms will be effective. We will attempt to give you advance notice of any substantive changes, but reserve the right to make such modifications immediately if required. It is your responsibility to check to determine if there have been changes to the Privacy Notice and to review such changes. We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to reflect changes in our privacy practices.
Our Services are not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the contact details listed below. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by:
Email: at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Rexall Sundown, Inc. (Osteo Bi-Flex®)
2100 Smithtown Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779